The countdown to year 2016 has started, so let’s look at the year which is coming to an end – here are the top posts of 2015, starting with number 10:
10. Passing on a non-native language to your child, part 1: Considerations
Part 2 of this series is on choosing the Family language strategy and Part 3 about Activities to do with your child.
9. Expecting a bilingual baby
I joined 14 other bloggers and we shared the best tips to parents-to-be of bilingual babies.
8. Letter to Santa from a bilingual child
– not your usual wish list!
7. Bilingual families: the role of the majority language parent
– the crucially important part that the majority language parents plays in successfully raising a bilingual child.
6. 21 tips throughout a bilingual child’s life
Ideas to last from before birth to adulthood.
5. One parent, one language – OPOL is dead, long live OPOL!
First article of a four-part series on different family language strategies. Also read about mL@H – minority language at home, 2P2L – two parents, two languages and T&P – time and place
4. Bilingual children – language exposure is not enough, attitude counts!
– never underestimate the importance of parental attitudes to languages!
3. 4 reasons why your bilingual child answers in the “wrong” language
Understand why your child might prefer the majority language, and what to do about it.
2. 5 habits for parents raising bilingual children
Adopt these habits in your everyday family life!
1. 10 things parents of bilingual children should avoid
The most popular post of 2015 is about the things we as parents of bilingual children should NOT do!
Thank you my dear reader, for being part of my amazing journey of supporting parents, grandparents and family members, educators and other professionals in the task of raising the next generation of bilinguals. There is more to come next year, both on the website and elsewhere – I will tell you more about it next week.
In the meantime, why don’t you tell me what you want to read about in 2016?