With a child comes
endless love, happiness, exploration
and a huge responsibility.
A whole new person
for us, the parents
to cherish, enjoy, play with
to learn from and to teach.
… to teach …
We may not be teachers, but teach we will,
just by being us, the parents.
From us, our children will learn
– how to live and love and be responsible
– how to respect and listen and care
– how to say sorry and how to forgive
– how to be kind and helpful and understanding
– how to encourage and support
– how and when to be strong or soft
All the things we want our children to be,
they need to find in us,
Today’s post is a bit different from what you would normally read on my site on a Wednesday … sometimes there are thoughts within me that want to come out into the world in a different form – I call them my “thinklets”, small thoughts about this and that, mostly to do with kids and parenting. I hope you enjoy the first of them to be out in public!